Today is another "Quitcherbitchin Day," as inspired by my high school social studies teacher (and professed dirty old man), Mr. Roberts (and you thought I would give his whole name, didn't you? Ha!). Some of you will remember these days, when he would have no lesson plan, but would allow us to air whatever complaints we had about the world in general. We could complain about school, boyfriends/girlfriends, parents, or politics. We got approximately one minute to complain and then he would declare, "Aw, quit your bitchin'!" and wave a dismissive hand in our general direction. We loved it.
So, here are some of my one-minute bitches of late:
- Politics is everywhere. I'm sure it always has been, but I get sick of everyone blaming Obama for this or Bush for that. I'll stop there just to limit it to under a minute...
- Government controls our food (or lack thereof). Corn subsidy, anyone? Explain to me how this helps...you can't, because it doesn't (especially my car's engine).
- You do realise that there are wild animals all over the world, right? They poop on the ground. Stop telling me that my dog poop is contaminating the water (but please pick your dog poop up out of my front yard).
- Choose one: shut up and drive, or pull over.
- Stop waiting on someone else to do everything for you. Get off your ass and do it yourself. You can't be great by following; you can only be great by leading - and we ALL have the option. Of course, if you're an asshole, nobody will follow, but I can't help you with that.
- I didn't know how much I use my left shoulder until I really couldn't use it. It's been five weeks since I tore my shoulder up and I still can't hook my own bra or pick up a full glass of water. I'd like to run but the bouncing doesn't feel great either. Here I sit, gaining weight (and whining...).
Yep, these are whiny bitch things to post, and I appreciate you reading.
What are some of your current gripes? Post them in the comments (and feel free to tell me to quit my bitchin'. I should!).