Hello friends! Sorry I've been away...but as always I'm doing everything but blogging! It's late, so just to keep you up-to-date on my (mostly boring) life, here's a quick rundown.
- Both of my boys have birthdays coming up. They will be 10 and 8 this year. I can't believe they're getting so old so fast, because I'm only 29!
- Gator football is going great this year and Jeff Driskel is shaping up to be a much better quarterback (after only three games!) than we've had since Tim Tebow. I'm incredibly impressed with his ability to figure out what's going on and move out of the way most of the time. I'm sure he'll continue to improve, as will the rest of the team.
- This is the first year since I was 11 that I haven't had season tickets to the Gator games. While I miss the atmosphere of The Swamp, I don't miss sitting in a swamp while watching football. I'm enjoying spending the time surrounding the games with my family, rather than on the road coming and going from Gainesville (a 2-hour drive each direction).
- My ultra training is going pretty well. I took a week off for a minor injury but this past Sunday I did another half-marathon distance and felt great afterward, so I'm making progress. The heat really gets to me though, so running longer than two hours is really hard (it's still up around 90 by the time I finish running. No, I will not get up at 5:00AM to run.)
- I started a new contracting gig (programming) and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm able to work with some people I've known for awhile and it's always nice to know what you're getting into. It's also posing some new challenges and that's always a good thing too.
- My braces now reflect football season, they are orange and blue. Yes, I am rocking those bitches for all they're worth. They hurt like a mofo when I get them adjusted so I have to do something to make it fun - because mashed potatoes aren't fun at all.
- I've been running in shoes more than I'd like because it's rained here in the Sunshine State (who in the hell gave Florida that name? It never has been in my lifetime) all summer long. Amazingly, it hasn't killed me yet.
- I'm still working on my book...slowly.
OK folks, that's about it for the last few weeks. I told you my life was boring! Now, it's time to go and do some pushups. The boys have gone to sleep and if I don't do them now, I won't get them started for yet another week.